Contact Police


In an emergency you should phone 999. You should use this service to contact Police in situations when you need an immediate response - if a crime / incident is happening now or if anyone is in immediate danger.

Deaf and deafened people using a Textphone (minicom) should dial 18000 in an emergency. Please use the 18001 TextDirect prefix for non-emergency calls. Typetalk can be contacted on 08007311888 or visit

Non-emergency contact number

If you wish to contact your local Police Service, but do not require an immediate Police response dial 101

If you are Deaf, deafened, hard of hearing or have a speech impairment you can use a text phone to call us. Dial 18000 in an emergency or 18001 101 if your call is not an emergency.

Online reporting

Certain categories of crime/incident committed in some forces can now be reported over the internet, as long as an urgent response is not required. A list of all UK Polices services is available on this site.

Not all online reporting services are suitable for reporting lost phones. If your phone is lost rather than stolen then it may be best to call 101 or visits a police station to report it.

Local Police stations

In non-emergency situations you can report a crime or incident at any Police station. Reporting crimes or incidents at a local Police station may be helpful if you are unable to use the online crime reporting service or have ongoing concerns that you want to discuss in person.


Crimestoppers is an independent UK-wide charity working to stop crime. If you have any information on mobile phone crime and criminality you would prefer to offer in confidence and anonymously, you can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.

You can also show your phone as either lost or stolen if you have previously registered it on the Immobilise web site. This will also be searched if Police find your phone and check the IMEI. However, as with all crimes, it is important that you report the theft to Police.

False Reporting

It is important to be aware that the reporting of any lost property to the Police as stolen is a criminal offence. Unfortunately we have discovered that a small percentage of owners are intent on making such false claims, usually in an effort to upgrade or replace their handsets. False reporting wastes Police time, distorts crime figures and increases insurance premiums for members of the public.

If your phone is lost, and you have no reason to think it has been stolen, then you should report it to the police as lost property - call 101 or visit your local police station.